CANTON — The City of Canton and the Canton Cultural Arts Commission is seeking a Latinx artist or artist team to submit renderings for a new public art mural project to be installed on a wall in Canton’s Historic Sunnyside neighborhood.
The mural will be installed on a wall that is 60’ long x 12.5’ tall along the side of Harmon Center, next to Village Laundry on Marietta Road, overlooking Harmon Park (see photo below). The park is situated next to the Etowah River and is undergoing a massive renovation including the addition of a mini-pitch soccer field.
The commission asks artists to consider “Sunnyside,” Canton’s youth, and the community served when creating designs.
The city is encouraging proposals from artists or artist teams who have experience in creating large scale work on exterior walls. The award will be determined after submission — and additional information may be requested.
Visit https://www.cantonga.gov/Home/Components/News/News/1231/14 for more details and how to submit a proposal.
- Savannah considering curfews in response to increased gun violence
- Casey Motter, the ‘Voice of Truist Park’ has died
- Dogs available for adoption in Atlanta this week
- Parents of child killed in arson fire who were wanted for cruelty to children arrested on Appalachian Trail
- Yearly Reminder: Be careful on Georgia’s roads during the July 4th weekend