LAWRENCEVILLE — Gwinnett County Police responded to an aggravated domestic incident on Pine Lane at about 10:20 p.m. Monday.
According to police, a man had threatened a woman with a handgun. The man, who was still armed, fled the residence prior to police arrival.
Gwinnett Police K9 officers and the Aviation Unit responded and located the man in a wooded area near the incident scene. Police say the man then fired upon approaching officers, striking a police K9 dog. After being fired upon, an officer returned fire shooting the man.
Officers rendered first aid to the man, and he was transported to a local hospital by ambulance. The K9 was transported to a local animal hospital for treatment.
If anyone has any information to share in this case, please contact GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters should contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.stopcrimeATL.com. Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive a cash reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case.
Case Number: 220042558
- Savannah considering curfews in response to increased gun violence
- Casey Motter, the ‘Voice of Truist Park’ has died
- Dogs available for adoption in Atlanta this week
- Parents of child killed in arson fire who were wanted for cruelty to children arrested on Appalachian Trail
- Yearly Reminder: Be careful on Georgia’s roads during the July 4th weekend