BROOKHAVEN — The City of Brookhaven’s popular Paint the Park event returns to Blackburn Park after being held virtually last year due to COVID-19. Artists of all ages and skill levels are invited to use the changing fall colors of the park as inspiration on Sunday, Oct. 24, from 1 to 4 p.m.
The free event takes place at the pavilion near Ashford Dunwoody Road. To illustrate the importance of civic art, completed pieces will be displayed throughout the afternoon.
“I’m so excited that Paint the Park returns home to Blackburn Park this year,” said District 1 Councilwoman Linley Jones. “This annual event not only illustrates the importance of art in our community, but it continues to showcase the amazing creativity and talent of our residents.”
Limited art supplies and paper will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis, and artists are free to bring their own easel and canvas.
Judging and prizes will also be part of the fun, with awards given in age groups 0-7, 8-13, and 14+. Selected art will be put on display in City facilities.
Blackburn Park is located at 3493 Ashford Dunwoody Road. For more information, contact Brookhaven Events Coordinator Mallory Izbicki by email at Mallory.Izbicki@BrookhavenGA.gov.
- Georgia woman arrested after bomb threat at Floyd County Sheriff’s Office
- 39-year-old Warner Robins woman killed in traffic collision
- Data Aggregation Tools for Expert Investing
- Gun deaths in Georgia surged 31% as gun sales increased 59%
- Unsealed warrant shows Trump may be under investigation for Espionage Act violations