A burglary ring that police say was responsible for about 200 burglaries and $2.1 million of stolen property has been charged by police in Gwinnett County.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Burglary Unit indicted 12 people with a total of 66 felony counts after a two year long investigation.
Gwinnett County has had a series of burglaries which have targeted victims of Asian descent dating back to 2019.
The suspects force entry to the residence, enter the home and proceed to take valuable such as money, jewelry, and identification documents.
During the course of the investigation the suspects were linked to burglaries in several different counties Georgia including: Forsyth County, Oconee County, Clarke County, Bibb County, and Fayette County. They were also linked burglaries in Texas, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.
The burglary unit executed two search warrants and located approximately 200 high-end handbags, money, jewelry, counterfeit social security cards and passports.
- 31-year-old man killed by police in Savannah
- How much does the average Georgia resident pay in monthly bills?
- 16-year-old arrested in Canton for human trafficking of 13-year-old
- Eight people and a dog rescued after boat capsizes on Lake Allatoona
- Liberal prosecutors in Georgia vow not to enforce abortion bans