A burglary ring that police say was responsible for about 200 burglaries and $2.1 million of stolen property has been charged by police in Gwinnett County.
The Gwinnett County Police Department Burglary Unit indicted 12 people with a total of 66 felony counts after a two year long investigation.
Gwinnett County has had a series of burglaries which have targeted victims of Asian descent dating back to 2019.
The suspects force entry to the residence, enter the home and proceed to take valuable such as money, jewelry, and identification documents.
During the course of the investigation the suspects were linked to burglaries in several different counties Georgia including: Forsyth County, Oconee County, Clarke County, Bibb County, and Fayette County. They were also linked burglaries in Texas, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia.
The burglary unit executed two search warrants and located approximately 200 high-end handbags, money, jewelry, counterfeit social security cards and passports.
- Hazlehurst residents will vote on alcohol sales within city limits
- October is a perfect time to explore Georgia on a bike
- Suspicious package causes evacuation of Gwinnett justice center
- Your Government: Smyrna has plans for South Cobb Drive and downtown improvements
- Backlash continues against $600 bank monitoring proposal