Second arrest made in fatal shooting at Thirsty Turtle in Macon

MACON — Law enforcement officials in Macon say they have made a second arrest in the late November shooting outside the Thirsty Turtle on Cherry Street.

Bibb County Sheriff’s Office investigators and members of the U.S. Marshals Southeast Regional Fugitive Task Force served arrest warrants on 22-year-old Damion Jarrod Tuff, in connection to the homicide and aggravated assault incident that occurred Nov. 27.

Investigators received a Crimestoppers tip in reference to his location. Tuff was taken into custody without incident at a residence in the 4400 block of Chambers Road.

Tuff was taken to the Criminal Investigations Office to be interviewed by investigators. After the interview he was taken to the Bibb County Law Enforcement Center, where he is being held without bond for the charges of Murder and four counts of Aggravated Assault.

In December, Bibb County Sheriff’s Office investigators arrested 29-year-old Durand Marcel Faulk and charged him with murder and four counts of aggravated assault.

According to Sheriff’s officials, Faulk was involved in the altercation at The Thirsty Turtle resulting in him being cut in the face. During this altercation Faulk allegedly retrieved a gun and fired into the crowd.

Sheriff’s Department officials say someone drove down Cherry Street and begin firing at the people standing outside of Thirsty Turtle and continued firing at people at the intersection of Cherry and Third Street. 

During the incident, a total of six people were shot, four women and two men. Three victims suffering from gunshot wounds were taken to the Navicent Health Center from the scene by ambulance. The other five victims, three of whom were suffering from gunshot wounds and two men suffering from stab wounds were taken to the Navicent Health Center by personal vehicles.

As a result of the incident, one female from the incident 22-year-old Jhacaya Mann, of Macon was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Leave a Reply