Cigarette Butt Causes Brush Fire Along Macon Roadside

June 23, 2024
1 min read

Earlier today, the Macon-Bibb County Fire Department’s Engine #11 crew efficiently extinguished a small brush fire along a roadside.

The fire, likely caused by a discarded cigarette butt, was quickly brought under control, ensuring no further spread.

Firefighters say smoke was observed coming from a patch of dry grass near a well-traveled road. Engine #11, stationed nearby, was dispatched to the scene. The firefighters arrived promptly and extinguished the flames.

The Macon-Bibb County Fire Department used this incident as an opportunity to remind residents of fire safety practices. Improper disposal of cigarettes can lead to unintended fires, which can escalate into wildfires.

The form you have selected does not exist.


Events Calendar

Georgia Newswire