The death of an inmate at the Bibb County jail has been ruled a homicide, according to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office was notified by the GBI Medical Examiner that the death of inmate Carlos Delmara Shelley was determined to be a homicide.
According to reports from the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office, Shelley was found unconscious in his cell last week. Deputies and medical staff at the Jail attempted to revive him, but he was later pronounced dead.
Investigators have charged Joseph Anthony Moore, of Macon, with Aggravated Assault, and Murder, in relation to Shelley’s death.
Moore is being held without bond.
This incident continues to be under investigation.
Reminder: Crime articles contain only charges and information from police reports. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Savannah considering curfews in response to increased gun violence
- Casey Motter, the ‘Voice of Truist Park’ has died
- Dogs available for adoption in Atlanta this week
- Parents of child killed in arson fire who were wanted for cruelty to children arrested on Appalachian Trail
- Yearly Reminder: Be careful on Georgia’s roads during the July 4th weekend