ATLANTA — Police in Atlanta have made three arrests made in the Aug. 23 homicide of a man near Perry Blvd.
Officers responded to the address on a report of a person shot at about 11:35 p.m. Once on scene, officers found an adult male lying on the sidewalk with multiple gunshot wounds.
The victim was taken to the hospital where he later died of his wounds.
Atlanta Police Homicide investigators took lead on the case and quickly identified the suspects as Gregory Yancey, Gerry Yancey and Bobby Yancey. Warrants were obtained for their arrest, and by Aug, 24, all three brothers were located and taken into custody without incident.
The police department reminds the community that if you have tips on a crime or see criminal activity to call 911 or call Crime Stoppers Greater Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS (8477). Your tips may help investigators solve crimes and may entitle you to a reward. Together we can make and keep Atlanta safe.
Reminder: Crime stories contain only charges and information from police reports. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Can’t keep a good dog down: DeKalb K9 officer who was shot gets medal
- One dead after shooting in Norcross lounge parking lot
- What are the safest cities in Georgia?
- 67-year-old Georgia man charged with human trafficking of a child for sexual purposes
- What do you think of these proposed new MARTA designs?