HELEN — Firefighters from Gainesville and White County, along with several other agencies worked into the early morning hours Saturday to rescue a hiker who fell off a cliff.
According to the Gainesville Fire Department, the woman fell from the top of Raven Cliff Falls in Helen after trying to take photos from the peak of the cliffs.
The rescue effort consisted of 17 different departments that all came together to work as one.
In what fire fighters are calling a “miraculous turn of events,” the woman was able to walk assisted back out to the command post for evaluation and transport for minor injuries.
Below are photos from the rescue.
- Savannah considering curfews in response to increased gun violence
- Casey Motter, the ‘Voice of Truist Park’ has died
- Dogs available for adoption in Atlanta this week
- Parents of child killed in arson fire who were wanted for cruelty to children arrested on Appalachian Trail
- Yearly Reminder: Be careful on Georgia’s roads during the July 4th weekend