The Gwinnett Police Homicide Unit has obtained warrants for 24-year-old Tyree J. Simmons, of Lithonia,
According to police, Simmons, who was already in custody at the Gwinnett County Detention Center for an unrelated arrest, is charged with: Malice of Murder, Aggravated Assault, Possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
Walker was asleep in a hotel room on Feb. 22 when someone fired gunshots into the room. Walker was struck by at least one of the rounds, killing her.
⚠️ Reminder: Crime articles contain only charges and information from police reports and law enforcement statements. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Violent Domestic Attack at DeKalb County Intersection Ends in 25-Year Sentence
- Georgia Chick-fil-A Worker Pinned Between Two Cars in Drive-thru Pileup: What We Know
- 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years
- Fayette County Wins Bid for U.S. Soccer’s National Training Hub
- Three Arrested in Connection With Albany Shooting Death