DULUTH — A Duluth woman is dead after what police are calling the accidental discharge of a gun.
The Gwinnett Police Department arrested 22-year-old Maxwell Williamson, of Duluth, in connection with 36-year-old Carlether Foley’s death. Foley was also living in Duluth.
Shortly after 11:15 pm Thursday, Gwinnett Police officers were dispatched to an “unknown medical call” on McDaniel Road in Duluth, where Foley was reported unresponsive. The Gwinnett Fire Department arrived on scene and found Foley dead with a gunshot wound to the head.
Williamson stated he had an accidental discharge while he was loading his firearm. Police charged Williamson with Involuntary Manslaughter (Felony), Reckless Conduct and is currently being held at the Gwinnet County Jail without bond.
Reminder: Crime stories contain only charges and information from police reports. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Cobb County expected to get economic windfall from World Series
- Gwinnett officials: Threats against School Board will not be tolerated
- Columbia County Board of Education votes to build new Westmont Elementary School
- Clean water project on tap for Walker County
- Gwinnett County Police are investigating threats against schools