DULUTH — A Duluth woman is dead after what police are calling the accidental discharge of a gun.
The Gwinnett Police Department arrested 22-year-old Maxwell Williamson, of Duluth, in connection with 36-year-old Carlether Foley’s death. Foley was also living in Duluth.
Shortly after 11:15 pm Thursday, Gwinnett Police officers were dispatched to an “unknown medical call” on McDaniel Road in Duluth, where Foley was reported unresponsive. The Gwinnett Fire Department arrived on scene and found Foley dead with a gunshot wound to the head.
Williamson stated he had an accidental discharge while he was loading his firearm. Police charged Williamson with Involuntary Manslaughter (Felony), Reckless Conduct and is currently being held at the Gwinnet County Jail without bond.
Reminder: Crime articles contain only charges and information from police reports. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Georgia woman arrested after bomb threat at Floyd County Sheriff’s Office
- 39-year-old Warner Robins woman killed in traffic collision
- Data Aggregation Tools for Expert Investing
- Gun deaths in Georgia surged 31% as gun sales increased 59%
- Unsealed warrant shows Trump may be under investigation for Espionage Act violations