SMYRNA — A $516,350 agreement for the South Cobb Drive improvement project, changes to the local Pawn Shop ordinance, and improvements to the village green area are all on the horizon in Smyrna.
Smyrna’s city leaders will vote on these issues Monday night during the city’s regularly scheduled city council meeting.
You can view the full agenda for Monday’s meeting below.
Why It Matters: While much attention is given to national politics and the workings of Congress and the White House, local government meetings are where the decisions that impact your daily life are made. City Council, County Commission and School Board Meetings are where your elected leaders decide the issues that most effect your family and your community.
Each week, the Georgia Sun highlights some of the meetings you need to know about in your local community to keep you informed and to make sure you know what decisions your elected officials are considering.
- Missing 3-year-old Gwinnett County girl Max Clendenin returned safely
- What’s next for Georgia’s abortion law now that Roe v. Wade is overturned?
- 31-year-old man killed by police in Savannah
- How much does the average Georgia resident pay in monthly bills?
- 16-year-old arrested in Canton for human trafficking of 13-year-old