VALDOSTA — The Valdosta Fire Department responded to the report of a structure fire in the 700 Block of Collier Street early Friday morning.
The call came in from dispatch at 4:46 a.m. and the first fire unit arrived on scene within four minutes to find heavy flames and smoke coming from the residence, according to the Valdosta Fire Department.
Fire crews were able to bring the fire under control. An occupant of the home was found inside of the structure and was rescued by fire personnel. The occupant was taken to South Georgia Medical Center for treatment.
A total of 15 fire personnel responded to the scene. Valdosta Police Department and South Georgia Medical Center EMS assisted with on-scene operations.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Missing 3-year-old Gwinnett County girl Max Clendenin returned safely
- What’s next for Georgia’s abortion law now that Roe v. Wade is overturned?
- 31-year-old man killed by police in Savannah
- How much does the average Georgia resident pay in monthly bills?
- 16-year-old arrested in Canton for human trafficking of 13-year-old