COLUMBUS — The FBI is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest and indictment of those responsible for the homicide of 12-year old Cortez Richardson.
Richardson was tragically shot and killed while riding in the back seat of his mother’s vehicle on August 13. The Columbus Police Department, who is investigating the murder, said the shooting happened near the intersection of Floyd Road and Luna Chive in Columbus.
The police investigation has revealed that the boy and his family were on their way home from dinner when their vehicle got caught between an exchange of gunfire between two other vehicles, a white sedan and a white SUV.
Police believe Richardson and his family were innocent victims of a dispute between the suspects in the two other vehicles.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the FBI Atlanta/Columbus Resident Agency at 706-596-9603 or the Columbus Police Department at 706-225-4363.
GET UPDATES ON THIS STORY: Sign up for our free Email newsletter.
- The weather may be cooling off, but the mosquitoes are still biting in Georgia
- Georgia ranks 14th in the U.S. for most traffic deaths
- Weekend lane closures scheduled for Briarcliff Road in DeKalb County
- ‘This is not the place to be doing mining:’ Critics slam Okefenokee mining project
- Want to help UGA learn more about Joro spiders?