A fight at the Thomas County Jail Feb. 15 resulted in 12 inmates being charged.
Through multiple interviews of involved inmates, jail staff, and other witnesses, charges were brought against those identified to be involved. Jail staff quickly secured the other inmates, segregated those fighting, and stopped the fight from continuing.
Medical aid was given to those that required it with one transported to an area hospital with more severe, non-life-threatening injuries.
Detectives from the Thomasville Police Department also assisted agents and sheriff’s investigators with identifying known gang-affiliated inmates.
Warrants were secured on 12 inmates last week. Nine of the inmates were able to be associated with various gangs. The gang members involved in the fight were Crips, Bloods, Ghostface Gangsters, and Gangster Disciples.
The following individuals were charged with the following offenses.
Unlawful Act of Violence in a Penal Institution:
- Trevus Demarquis Brown, 25 years old
- Craig Edward Coley Jr., 32 years old
- Jamar Demetrius Mickens,23 years old
Unlawful Act of Violence in a Penal Institution and Participation in Criminal Street Gang:
- Matthew Wyatt Tanner, 25 years old
- Jeffery Louis Tabb III, 24 years old
- Brent James Sadler, 32 years old
- Jake Lamar Sculley, 31 years old
- Robert Thomas Montague, 24 years old
- Tahrik Raheem Anderson, 18 years old
Unlawful Act of Violence in a Penal Institution, Participation in Criminal Street Gang and Aggravated Battery:
- Savion Barnhill, 21 years old
- Jacques Lamar Hill, 22 years old
- Amin Flyzell Clark, 17 years old
This is an active and ongoing investigation. Once completed, the file will be provided to the DA for prosecution.
Anyone with further information can call the Thomas County Sheriff’s CID or GBI Thomasville Field Office at 229-225-4090. Tips can also be submitted by calling 1-800-597-TIPS (8477), online at https://gbi.georgia.gov/submit-tips-online, or by downloading the See Something, Send Something mobile app.