Known for its fresh and bold take on Asia’s greatest hits and an urban-inspired atmosphere, Tin Drum Asian Kitchen is opening its newest location in Decatur with a grand opening celebration for the community on Saturday, Feb. 9. The restaurant is located next to Whole Foods 365 at 1565 Church Street and is welcoming guests with an afternoon of fun for the whole family.
The grand opening festivities begin at 11 a.m. The first 50 guests to purchase an entrée receive free Tin Drum for a year, which includes an entrée and fountain drink each month redeemable through the Tin Drum Rewards App.
Family-friendly entertainment includes face painting and balloon twisting by Joey’s Balloon Company from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Complimentary Sidewalk Sandwiches will also be offered throughout the day, including five spice banh mi sandwiches and Sriracha mango sliders with fried chicken or catfish.
“We are so excited to serve the Decatur community with an updated representation of the Tin Drum that our guests fell in love with when we opened our first Atlanta restaurant over 15 years ago,” says Tin Drum founder Steven Chan. “Decatur guests can look forward to exciting new ‘not-in-a-bowl’ menu items, a curated retail shop and a return to the company’s sidewalk café roots.”
Tin Drum’s Decatur location gives both the menu and ambiance an energetic refresh to evoke the hustle and bustle of a classic Hong Kong-style dai pai dong, or curbside café. Led by Chan and new corporate partners Altaf and Amisha Popatiya, the new Decatur café offers longtime favorite stir fry, noodle and curry bowls as well as new non-bowl items exclusive to this location.
Examples of some of the creative twists on classic street fare include:
- Bombay pav bun: tikka dip ($4)
- Crab and cheese spring roll ($1.50)
- Sumo soba salad: chilled soba, spinach, seasonal herbs, pickling, roasted peanut, cucumber, shallot crunch, sesame seed, seaweed, Sriracha mango dressing ($7); chicken ($2) or shrimp ($3) can be added
- Firecracker cauliflower: tempura cauliflower, fiery chili sauce ($6.50)
- Koreano slider: choice of fried chicken or catfish with Gochujang red pepper sauce, pickling, sesame oil on buttermilk soft bun ($4/single, $7/double)
- Citrus pad Thai: sweet tamarind citrus sauce, rice noodle, bean sprout, carrot, scallion, lime, toasted peanut, egg and choice of chicken, tofu, cauliflower, steak or shrimp ($8.80-$12)
- Bangkok sweet chili curry: coconut milk, baby spinach, toasted peanut, choice of grain and choice of chicken, tofu, cauliflower, steak or shrimp ($8.80-$12)
- Thai basil fried rice: green bean, onion, scallion, basil, jalapeno, cucumber, egg fried rice and choice of chicken, tofu, cauliflower, steak or shrimp ($8.80-$12)
Tin Drum Decatur is located at 1565 Church Street in the new North Decatur Square shopping center at the corner of Church Street and North Decatur Road.
The restaurant is open for lunch and dinner from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. For more information, call 404-600-4149 or visit tindrumasiankitchen.com.