The News: A significant fire broke out at Danielle’s Cafe in downtown Blue Ridge, leading to several buildings catching fire. Emergency services quickly responded, bringing the blaze under control.
Impact on Residents: A fire erupted in downtown Blue Ridge, engulfing multiple structures and prompting authorities to restrict access to the area for public safety.
- The fire began at Danielle’s Cafe around 1:40 p.m. and soon spread to nearby buildings.
- Over 40 personnel, six fire engines, and a ladder company worked tirelessly to control the flames.
- Authorities urged the public to avoid the downtown area to facilitate emergency response and ensure safety.
By The Numbers:
- 3 businesses and 3 houses were saved from the fire’s direct spread.
- Firefighters from Union and Fannin counties also assisted in extinguishing the fire.
- Downtown Blue Ridge is a popular tourist destination, known for its scenic views and local businesses.
- The specific cause of the fire is currently unconfirmed, and information on possible gas line involvement remains unclear.
What’s Next?: Investigations into the cause of the fire are ongoing. Updates on the extent of the damage and future safety measures are expected.