🚢 The Gist: The Coast Guard is on the lookout for a 31-foot fishing vessel, Carol Anne, that has gone overdue 80 miles offshore Brunswick, Georgia. The crew of three was last in contact six days ago.
🤔 Why It Matters: The search intensifies concerns about maritime safety and the well-being of the missing crew, especially given the lapse in communication.
❓ What’s Happening:
- Coast Guard Sector Charleston received a report from the vessel’s owner, who is growing increasingly concerned.
- Attempts to contact the vessel via VHF-FM channel 16 have been unsuccessful.
🔍 Between the Lines:
- An urgent marine information broadcast has been issued.
- A Coast Guard Air Station Clearwater HC-130 aircraft has been deployed for the search.
🏃 Catch Up Quick:
- The vessel was supposed to return on Wednesday but didn’t.
- Anyone with information should contact Sector Charleston at 843-740-7050.