In case you weren’t paying attention to local news and happenings over the weekend or much of last week, here is a brief rundown of some of the high notes.
But first, in news from today, if you’ve filled up your tank lately, you noticed that gas prices are continuing to climb.
Also, before you finalize your plans for the week, you may want to take a look at the weather report.
Now, let’s take a look at some slightly older news you may have missed.
- Coca-Cola is leaning into a new market to compete with Pepsi.
- Six people were arrested in Atlanta after a protest over a police shooting turned violent. Only one of those arrested actually lives in Georgia.
- A Macon family was shot in their driveway over the weekend.
- In Alpharetta, a truck crashed into a generator. Fire crews had to work quickly to keep fuel from the generator from leaking into a waterway.
- The Talmadge Bridge project in Savannah will move forward.
- The Vinings Library reopens today after being closed almost a month due to a burst pipe.
- A Memorial Service was held yesterday for Lisa Marie Presley.
- Woodstock Fire Chief Dave Soumas announced he is retiring.
- Wendy’s is bringing back an old favorite to its Frosty lineup.
- A severe beating led to the death of an Atlanta man days later.
- Here are the results of an investigation into racism claims against a Marietta police officer.
- A vote is expected this week that could launch Georgia’s long-awaited and long-delayed medical marijuana program.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.