Get ready, Georgia. The oven is about to be turned on again.
According to the National Weather Service, low-level moisture is increasing across Georgia, which means temperatures this afternoon will feel like the mid-90s to 100s.
In North Georgia temperatures will range from 89 to about 97 degrees. If you live between Middle Georgia and the coast, temperatures could feel like they are as high as 102 degrees.
In addition to the high temperatures, far north and far east Georgia could be in for severe storms that include hail this afternoon and evening.
As for the rest of today’s forecast, it will be sunny and hot throughout most of the state and will remain that way through Saturday.
Current forecasts call for shower and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. on Saturday continuing into Sunday.
- Savannah considering curfews in response to increased gun violence
- Casey Motter, the ‘Voice of Truist Park’ has died
- Dogs available for adoption in Atlanta this week
- Parents of child killed in arson fire who were wanted for cruelty to children arrested on Appalachian Trail
- Yearly Reminder: Be careful on Georgia’s roads during the July 4th weekend