BAINBRIDGE — A 46-year-old Bainbridge man was arrested Tuesday night after a shootout with police at a mobile home park in Bainbridge.
Decatur County Sheriff’s Deputies Tim Fowler, Vontrail Fletcher, and Roderick Murphy responded to a complaint of a man with a gun in Wright’s Mobile Home Park on Old Whigham Road at about 10:30 p.m.
According to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, 46-year-old Shannon Eugene Hall, of Bainbridge, shot at the three deputies when they arrived and continued to shoot at other deputies, police officers, and troopers that were responding as backup.
Deputies fired back, but Hall was not shot. GBI officials say Hall shot two police vehicles and hit a resident’s home.
No one was physically injured by gunfire. Hall was taken into custody after a nine hour standoff with law enforcement.
The GBI is investigating officers’ use of force and conducting an aggravated assault investigation against Hall.
Hall has been charged with aggravated assault, criminal damage to property 1st degree, and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime.
The GBI will continue to conduct an independent investigation. Once complete, the case file will be given to the South Georgia Judicial Circuit District Attorney’s Office for review.
- Georgia woman arrested after bomb threat at Floyd County Sheriff’s Office
- 39-year-old Warner Robins woman killed in traffic collision
- Data Aggregation Tools for Expert Investing
- Gun deaths in Georgia surged 31% as gun sales increased 59%
- Unsealed warrant shows Trump may be under investigation for Espionage Act violations