The Brantley County School System confirmed Saturday that a 6th grader at Atkinson Elementary School died from injuries he sustained in an ATV accident.
“Brantley County residents woke up to the tragic news this morning that Bentley Gibson passed away last night as a result of injuries sustained in an ATV accident,” the school system said in an announcement posted to social media.
Bentley is the son of Jamey Gibson and Kelly Gibson and has two siblings, Bailey and Brody Gibson.
School officials described Bentley as a student who others were drawn to. “He was known for his outgoing personality, infectious smile, and athleticism. He will be greatly missed, always loved, and never forgotten,” school system officials said.
- Georgia woman arrested after bomb threat at Floyd County Sheriff’s Office
- 39-year-old Warner Robins woman killed in traffic collision
- Data Aggregation Tools for Expert Investing
- Gun deaths in Georgia surged 31% as gun sales increased 59%
- Unsealed warrant shows Trump may be under investigation for Espionage Act violations