ATHENS — The Athens-Clarke County elections department sent notice Monday that Bennie Lee Coleman III, a local business owner and candidate for mayor has officially withdrawn from the mayor’s race.
As required by the Official Code of Georgia, Title 21, Chapter 2, Section 134(a) (2):
“Prominent notices shall be posted in all polling places in which a name of the withdrawn candidate appears on the ballot stating that the candidate has withdrawn and that all votes cast for such withdrawn candidate shall be void and shall not be counted.”
The Georgia Sun will have updates on this developing story as they become available.
- High School Football: UGA football commit Dylan Raiola shows off arm for Buford touchdown
- High School Football: Former Georgia commit Ny Carr breaks Colquitt County record with bobbled touchdown catch
- High School Football: Wake Forest commit Jeremy Hecklinski propels Walton over East Paulding
- Bad News for Trump: First defendant in Fulton County election interference case pleads guilty
- Georgia Law: When is it legally justifiable to shoot someone?