The Gwinnett County Police Department has charged with the boy with Malice and Felony Murder and an additional Arson in the 1st Degree charge is expected.
Firefighters responded just before 5 a.m. on Easter to an occupant report of a house fire on Beaver Road SW in unincorporated Loganville. The 911 caller said there was a fire in front of the house, and she was trying to rescue the kids.
Multiple aggressive search attempts were executed to locate the missing children. After the fire was brought under control, a 10-year-old girl was found dead in room used as a bedroom without window access.
Efforts continued for the next couple hours to sift through debris to locate the 15-year-old boy who was believed to be inside.
At about 9 a.m., the 15-year-old was located away from the scene.
Reminder: Crime articles contain only charges and information from police reports and law enforcement statements. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Home Depot Employee Severely Injured as Thieves Make Off with Power Tools in Norcross
- Powerball jackpot hits $925 million
- Violence Erupts in Daylight: Williamson Road Shooting Details
- 75 of the Best Quotes About Sons That Will Warm Your Heart and Make You Smile
- How will a government shutdown impact Georgia?