Motorists traveling on Highway 9 in Alpharetta this weekend can expect heavy delays this weekend due to a road widening project.
Road crews will be continuing a project to widen and reconstruct the roadway between Upper Hembree Road and Windward Parkway, a distance of almost four miles.
Weather and on-site conditions permitting, one right lane will be closed on Highway 9 northbound and one right lane southbound from Upper Hembree Road to Willis Road on Saturday, Sept. 25 from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
When complete, the widening project will create two lanes in each direction, a raised median, additional turn lanes at key intersections, traffic and pedestrian signal upgrades, a multi-use trail, a bicycle lane, on-street parking, lighting and landscaping.
The project is expected to be completed in spring 2024.
City officials are reminding drivers to reduce their speed while traveling through work zones, pay attention and watch for workers.
Before heading out, get real-time information on work status and traffic conditions. Call 511, visit 511ga.org, or download the Georgia 511 app.
- Violent Domestic Attack at DeKalb County Intersection Ends in 25-Year Sentence
- Georgia Chick-fil-A Worker Pinned Between Two Cars in Drive-thru Pileup: What We Know
- 15 Unconventional Christmas Albums From the Past 50 Years
- Fayette County Wins Bid for U.S. Soccer’s National Training Hub
- Three Arrested in Connection With Albany Shooting Death