Last week, the DeKalb County Police Department awarded K9 D’Jango the Exceptional Merit Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal for his apprehension of a suspect wanted for 11 felonies.
At the time of the apprehension, the armed suspect shot K9 D’Jango one time in the leg, later resulting in the amputation of his leg and two surgeries.
Despite being wounded, D’Jango held the bite until being called off.
D’Jango has since retired from the police force.
- Hazlehurst residents will vote on alcohol sales within city limits
- October is a perfect time to explore Georgia on a bike
- Suspicious package causes evacuation of Gwinnett justice center
- Your Government: Smyrna has plans for South Cobb Drive and downtown improvements
- Backlash continues against $600 bank monitoring proposal