With reported murders up 64% compared to this time two years ago in Atlanta, SafeWise decided to look into the cities where Georgia residents can feel safe.
SafeWise just released its 7th annual “50 Safest Cities in Georgia” report for 2021. To determine the safest cities in Georgia, Safewise analyzed the latest violent crime and property crime data from the FBI for each city.
Milton was determined to be the safest city in the state with a violent crime rate of 0.4 violent crime incidents per 1,000 residents and a property crime rate of 7.3.
Here’s a peek at the top 5 safest cities in Georgia:
To see what cities rounded out the rest of the rankings, click here: https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-cities-georgia/
Key stats about Georgia:
- Georgians are 19% more worried about crime this year than they were last year, according to our State of Safety survey.
- Milton, the safest city in Georgia, saw violent crime rates under 1 per 1,000 people for the third year in a row.
- We had two newcomers on our list: Barnesville and Calhoun. Both had violent crime rates below the national average.
- Centerville saw the most improvement from last year, jumping from number 82 to number 19 this year. The city’s property crime rate dropped from 43.9 to 24.4 in the last year.
- 75% of the safest cities reported zero murders.
- Georgians rank among the most concerned in the country. The Peach State is 12th in the nation for daily concern, 6th for violent crime concern, 2nd for package theft and police violence, and 5th for its concern over COVID-19.