The Darien Police Department is mourning the loss of one of its officers. The police department confirmed yesterday that Officer David Horton had died.
Horton was 45-years-old.
According to his obituary, Horton died at Memorial Health on Saturday. He was an Effingham County native who was previously employed by the Long County Sheriff’s Dept.
Horton leaves behind a son and a daughter.
Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 14 at Thomas C. Strickland and Sons Funeral Home. Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 15 at Compassion Christian Church Effingham Campus, 810 Fort Howard Road, Rincon, GA 31326. David will lie in state from 10 a.m.
- Alpharetta man pleads guilty to assaulting officers during U.S. Capitol attack
- Georgians react to Stacey Abrams running for Governor
- Rematch? Stacey Abrams says she’s running for governor again
- Suspect in shooting of DeKalb County deputies killed by police
- Will Georgia have a white Christmas this year?