Thanksgiving is behind us and the often-chaotic holiday shopping season kicks off today. Here are the things you need to know for today:
You may have missed:
While you were spending time with family in-person or on Zoom and eating turkey, stuffing and mac and cheese, you probably weren’t keeping up with the news. Here are a couple of local stories you may have missed.
- Police in Albany are reporting a rash of vehicle thefts. The vehicles being stolen were left running and unoccupied outside of shopping centers.
- A Gwinnett County High School was recently named the best in the state. Click here to find out which one.
The big news story today is expected to be the beginning of Holiday shopping, also known as Black Friday. Spending on this day is often an economic indicator of how Americans are feeling about the economy. This year will also be different because retailers will be adapting to a recent surge in coronavirus cases. Lastly, the holiday shopping season is also marked by an uptick in crime around centers where people shop.
Expect a high of 67 degrees today. There is a small chance of rain during the overnight hours.
- Donald Trump told reporters yesterday that if the Electoral College votes for Joe Biden, he will leave the White House.
- A Georgia jailer was arrested for giving an inmate contraband.
- Donald Trump says he is coming to Georgia to help campaign for Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler ahead of the Jan. 5 runoff election.
- Atlanta police are investigating four shootings that took place Wednesday night.