As the state of Georgia makes plans to reopen when Governor Brian Kemp’s Shelter in Place order expires April 30, Walker County Government will resume some county operations that had previously been suspended due to COVID-19.
The following changes were announced Thursday, during a Facebook Live community update.
- Animal Control – On-call & only responding to dog bite & stray animal cases – 706-375-2100
- Codes Enforcement – Resuming operations on Monday, May 4th, 2020.
- Litter Control – Resuming operations on Monday, May 4th, 2020.
- Maintenance Shop – Resuming operations on Monday, April 27th, 2020.
- Public Works – Full operation. Call 706-375-5601.
- Tax Commissioner’s Office – Limited staff in Rock Spring, drive-thru to reopen, business by drive-thru/phone/mail/email. Call 706-638-2929.
- Transit – Resuming full operations on Monday, April 27th, 2020. Call 706-375-0803.
All other departments remain unchanged. A complete list of county operational changes due to COVID-19 is available here.
County officials say the resumption of services should not be viewed as a return to “business as usual.” Many services remain limited as the county works to protect its employees from potential exposure.