Putting the finishing touches on your Thanksgiving menu? If you just gasped because you’ve hardly even started and you need some major inspiration—no judgment! This delicious creamed corn side dish might just get the ball rolling! I might make another bold proclamation: this slow cooker creamed corn might be the only Thanksgiving side you truly need.
When I’m planing a big holiday spread, I always start with the main dish and/or meat, then I move on to side dishes like mashed potatoes and green beans and classic desserts like pumpkin pie and pecan pie.
Related: 11 Best Creamed Corn Recipes
For Thanksgiving, of course, everyone is waiting to drool over that perfectly browned bird fresh from the oven, but let’s face it: The side dishes are where the party’s at! Many of us have traditional family favorites, and still want to offer a couple of new choices as well, like this simple creamed corn.
Don’t shudder at those words. This isn’t your mama’s canned version! This slow cooker creamed corn recipe has deep, rich flavor and is super thick. It will never turn out watery, which can’t be said about many canned varieties. Plus, the corn is prepared in the slow cooker, freeing up valuable stovetop space—and valuable time you cook spend tending to the Thanksgiving day turkey!
Best Slow Cooker Creamed Corn Recipe
- 1 (32-oz) bag frozen corn
- 1 (8-oz) block cream cheese, softened, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup butter, softened, cut into chunks softened, cut into chunks
- 1 (4-oz) can evaporated milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- salt and pepper
- dried parsley
- Combine all ingredients except salt, pepper and parsley in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours, stirring a few times.
- Season with salt and pepper in middle of cooking.
- Garnish with parsley when serving.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.