CANTON — A high school homecoming parade could make you late coming home from work if you don’t plan ahead.
The Cherokee High School Homecoming Parade will start at about 4 p.m. today. The parade will involve road closures and is expected to delay traffic for about one hour.
Roads along the following route will be closed:
1. The parade turns left out of the school onto Marietta Highway
2. Turns right on Anderson Ave.
3. Turns right onto Waleska St.
4. Proceeds around the downtown area
5. Travels back to the high school via Waleska St., Anderson Ave., and Marietta Highway
- Cobb County expected to get economic windfall from World Series
- Gwinnett officials: Threats against School Board will not be tolerated
- Columbia County Board of Education votes to build new Westmont Elementary School
- Clean water project on tap for Walker County
- Gwinnett County Police are investigating threats against schools