Good Morning, Georgia! Here’s what you need to know as you start your day today.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene may face expulsion from Congress after responses to social media posts surfaced where she appeared to show support for executing top Democrats.
- In Coronavirus news, Georgia’s number of cases and deaths continues to trend downward.
- In Dunwoody, police are asking for your help identifying a suspect in a string of townhome burglaries.
- The Biden administration is sending Georgia 25,000 more coronavirus vaccines per week.
- A tragic early morning house fire claimed three lives in Athens yesterday.
Not gonna lie, it’s cold today. In North Georgia, morning temperatures are 36 degrees and will rise to about 43 degrees today. There is virtually no chance of rain. In coastal Georgia, morning temperatures are about 47 degrees with afternoon highs of about 54 degrees.
In Other News:
- More about Marjorie Taylor Greene and her social media posts.
- What’s going on with GameStop stock and what are #stonks?
Today in Georgia History:
January, 28, 2014: Snowmageddon. This is recent history, but most who lived through it would much rather put the trauma in the past. If you’re unfamiliar, snow was predicted in the late afternoon hours, but arrived shortly after noon in metro Atlanta. This snarled traffic for hours and the impact was felt for days.
Now that it is in the past, we can laugh about it. Here is SNL’s classic Weekend Update clip parodying how Georgians responded to the event.
January 28, 1671: Georgia colony president, William Stephens was born.
January 28, 1960: AJC cartoonist Mike Luckovich was born.
Quote of The Day: “How dare you, sir!” -Buford Calloway, SNL