The 2019 Progressive® Insurance Atlanta Boat Show is coming ashore to the Georgia World Congress Center Hall A Jan. 10 through 13, 2019, showcasing more than 600 of the newest boats along with the latest in marine accessories and products.
Tickets are on sale now at AtlantaBoatShow.com with $3 off all advance online tickets until Jan. 9. This year’s Show will move to Hall A at the Georgia World Congress Center, with nearby parking in the Red and Green Decks.
Now in its 57th year, the Progressive Atlanta Boat Show features thousands of products for every budget level and includes a variety of activities for show-goers.
Job seekers can take part in a new Career Fair in partnership with Lanier Technical College and little skippers will enjoy the new Touch-a-Boat Tour as well as nautical storytimes in conjunction with CBS46 Books to Kids.
There will be more than 100 sailing and fishing seminars and special Boats & Brews Happy Hours with Red Hare Brewing Company.
10 Things to Catch at Atlanta Boat Show:
- New Wake Up on the Water: Life on the water takes on a whole new meaning with the I-Series Houseboat by Destination Yachts. Tour a 45-ft., three-bedroom, one-bath houseboat with twin OB power, a party top and customizations to make a home on the water a reality.
- Shiny New Boats: From fishing vessels and kayaks to luxury yachts, powerboats and houseboats, the latest models will be available for the lowest prices. Here’s a preview of just some of the 2019 products:
- New: Salute to Service Limited Edition Centurion Boats (Ri237 and Ri257 towboats) are available in three 2019 designs to honor police, fire and military service men and women. From each boat sold, $2,500 will be donated to a charity assisting those in that line of service.
- New: Chaparral 297 SSX Surf provides enough space (29 ft.) for the entire crew to make the most of wake surfing. Equipped with advance technology, including a touchscreen “Glass Dash” and hydraulically operated Malibu Surf Gate™, this boat transforms watersport wakes into the most surfable and customizable waves possible.
- New: Premier Pontoons 310 Accolade is 31-ft. long and 10-ft. wide, but handles like a 22-ft. sporting boat for maximum amenities and fun. The boat also has a full bar with sink, refrigerator, real wood tables and barstools to kick back on the water.
- $5-$5-$5 Boats & Brews, Presented by Red Hare Brewing: Thursday and Friday, Red Hare Brewing Company will offer special brews to enjoy while “cruising” the Show, along with $5 Show tickets, $5 valet parking, $5 drinks after 5 p.m. Attendees can visit their lakeside inspired area for tastings, games, photo opps and enter for the chance to win a grand prize pack with custom Red Hare cornhole boards and Red Hare prize pack, including a brewery tour ($450 value). $5 tickets can be purchased in advance here.
- FREE Half-Day Pontoon Rental: The first 50 guests on Thursday and Friday after 5 p.m. receive a free half-day pontoon rental from Park Marine (must be 25+ yrs).
- ‘Launch a Boating Career’ Day: On Friday, Jan. 11, the Atlanta Boat Show and Lanier Technical College will host the first annual Boating Career Day. Starting at 9 a.m., prospective students will get pointers on how to become boating industry professionals at a Q&A panel, meet with exhibitors and attend a career fair. From 11 a.m. – 9 p.m., adults interested in a career in the marine industry are welcome to join and network with industry professionals, and are encouraged to bring a resume. Students get free admission when they register in advance online.
- New Touch-a-Boat Tour: Junior skippers can tour the Show floor, climbing aboard a variety of boats along the way. They’ll interact with captains, snap a pic at the helm and learn the ropes of life on the water. Kids will receive their own Atlanta Boat Show passport to collect stamps at each of the 8 stops, with prizes for those who collect them all.
- Nautical Tales: Back again, CBS46 Cares Books to Kids will be at the Show over the weekend for special Nautical Storytimes read by on-air personalities. Guests will receive $3 off their ticket online and get a $5 food voucher to enjoy during the Show when they bring in a new or gently used children’s book to the Show ticket office.
- Boat Smarts: From tried and true methods to the latest techniques, professional fishermen, sailors and boaters will host more than 100 seminars on a variety of topics for beginners to adept anglers.
- Deals & Steals: Many of the dealers will be offering their lowest prices of the year, so that just as temperatures start to rise, boats will be ready to launch.
- Movie Reel: Children will also enjoy the Kids’ Zone where they can meet the latest movie characters, jump around in the bounce house, get their faces painted and take home creative balloon art.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.