🏠 The Gist: Milton is grappling with a disturbing rise in burglaries, where homes are being forcibly entered through rear doors, mainly in the evenings. The break-ins are happening in Milton and the surrounding areas.
🚪 The Details: According to police, burglars in Milton are systematically targeting homes adjacent to wooded areas or accessible drop-off points, breaking in through back glass doors. These burglaries are occurring in the evening, when homes are likely to be unoccupied.
🚔 Police Response: The Milton Police Department has increased patrols in targeted neighborhoods and is encouraging the community to report any suspicious persons or vehicles immediately.
💡 Safety Recommendations: The police have issued specific advice to help residents protect their homes:
- Use alarm systems and ensure they are monitored, with immediate police dispatch if triggered.
- Employ a monitored video surveillance system with activated motion detection features.
- Keep homes well-lit both inside and out to give the impression of occupancy.
- Cooperate with neighbors to watch over each other’s properties, especially when away.
- Take advantage of the Milton Police Department’s “vacation patrol request” service for added security during trips.
🔍 Why It’s Important: These burglaries are a serious concern for the community, impacting the sense of safety and security in their own homes.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.