Atlanta ranks as the seventh most pet-friendly city in the U.S., according to a new report from WalletHub.
With National Homeless Animals Day on the horizon and U.S. households splurging a whopping $136.8 billion on their furry friends last year, WalletHub dived deep to reveal the most pet-friendly cities of 2023. The study weighed in on factors like pet-care costs, the number of pet businesses, and city walkability.
By The Numbers:
- Atlanta clinched the seventh spot, making it a top destination for pet owners.
- Scottsdale, AZ took the crown as the most pet-friendly city.
- Raleigh, NC and St. Louis, MO also made the top 10 list, securing the eighth and ninth positions respectively.
- Columbus, Ohio boasts the lowest average vet care costs at $40.13.
- Miami leads with the most vets, 0.3585 per square root of the population.
- Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, Indiana offer the cheapest dog-insurance premium at $39.75 monthly.
- New York stands on the pricier end with a dog-insurance premium of $108.83.
Why It Matters:
The quality of life for pets often mirrors the quality of life for their owners. Cities that prioritize pet-friendly amenities and services not only cater to animals but also attract and retain residents who value such features. With Atlanta ranking high, it’s a nod to the city’s commitment to both its two-legged and four-legged inhabitants.
For pet owners and enthusiasts eyeing a move or just curious about how their city fares, the full report detailing all 100 cities can be found at WalletHub’s official site.
Note: For a comprehensive look, visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/most-pet-friendly-cities/5562.
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.