ROSWELL — The Roswell Police Department has arrested two local preschool teachers after an investigation into abusive behavior witnessed on the preschool’s live cameras.
According to police, 40-year-old Zeina Alostwani and 19-year-old Soriana Briceno of Roswell have both been charged with Cruelty to Children-1st Degree.
The Roswell Police Department was contacted by a concerned parent at the Parker-Chase Preschool at 2852 Holcomb Bridge Road on June 3.
The parent reported logging onto the camera system and seeing concerning physical contact between Alostwani and Briceno against several children in the classroom.
As a result of the investigation into the actions contained in that video, both teachers were arrested on June 6 and booked into the Fulton County Jail without incident.
This investigation remains ongoing and additional charges may be forthcoming. Anyone with additional information is asked to contact the Roswell Police Department at 770-640-4100. Anonymous information can be provided through Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404-577-TIPS(8477) or online at www.StopCrimeATL.org.
Reminder: Crime articles contain only charges and information from police reports and law enforcement statements. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Meet Brookhaven’s new police chief Brandon Gurley
- $10,000 reward offered for information about the death of Kasara Brown and her unborn baby
- Gwinnett County has a new glass recycling location
- ‘Profound delays’ expected on I-285 at Ga. 400. Here’s what you need to know
- 5 million pounds of toxic chemicals were dumped into Georgia’s water in 2020