The Fulton County Board of Education will meet Tuesday, April 26 for its routinely-held working retreat, beginning at 10 a.m.
The board will adjourn into executive session immediately following the discussion topics at approximately 2:45 p.m. They will then convene for public vote, if needed, on executive session items immediately after executive session.
All meetings of the school board are open to the public unless designated as executive session where, by law, the board must convene in private to discuss land, legal, or personnel items. Any vote resulting from executive session discussion, however, will occur in an open public setting. Social distancing will be practiced at all meetings and hearings, and therefore space for attendees may be reduced.
The meeting will be held at Parker Poe Adams & Bernstein located at 1075 Peachtree St NE Ste 1500, Atlanta, GA 30309.
Talk to State Representative Shea Roberts
The public is invited to join Brookhaven District 3 Councilwoman Madeleine Simmons for the April 2022 edition of her “Mondays With Madeleine” town hall.
State Representative Shea Roberts will join the meeting to give a legislative wrap-up.
This month’s town hall will be held Monday, April 25, from 6 to 7 p.m. via video conference, and will be broadcast on Facebook Live on the City’s Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/BrookhavenGAgov.
“In addition to District 3 updates, please join me for a legislative wrap-up from our District 52 State Representative Shea Roberts,” said Simmons.
The public will be able to weigh in, ask questions and interact by:
- Typing comments into the Facebook Live comment section
- Sending an email to PublicComment@BrookhavenGA.gov
- Participating in the meeting via Zoom at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89623204686
- Dialing in via phone (Use webinar access code 896 2320 4686)
- 301-715-8592, 312-626-6799, 929-436-2866, 253-215-8782, 346-248-7799, or 669-900-6833.
Why It Matters: While much attention is given to national politics and the workings of Congress and the White House, local government meetings are where the decisions that impact your daily life are made. City Council, County Commission and School Board Meetings are where your elected leaders decide the issues that most effect your family and your community.
Each week, the Georgia Sun highlights some of the meetings you need to know about in your local community to keep you informed and to make sure you know what decisions your elected officials are considering.
- Emergency Room or Urgent Care? Where should you take your child?
- Headaches and changes to taste and smell are among top symptoms of long COVID
- Atlanta Dental Offices Now Have Relief For Staffing Issues
- Gas prices in Georgia dropped 14 cents per gallon since last week
- Highest-rated dessert shops in Atlanta