The Fayetteville Police Department assisted in a multi-jurisdiction search of four armed suspects that began in Clayton County resulting from a suspected drive-by shooting that took place at about 4:17 p.m today.
Police reports indicate that a vehicle description was given out to local law enforcement agencies, which led to Clayton County Police identifying a vehicle fitting the description of the suspect vehicle.
Clayton County Police engaged in a vehicle pursuit that entered Fayette County. Fayette County deputies assisted in the pursuit and chased the suspect vehicle in the area of Susan Lane in the City of Fayetteville, where the suspects exited the vehicle.
A Fayetteville Police K-9 tracked and apprehended one of the adult male suspects. The remaining three suspects were apprehended in a vehicle while attempting to flee the area.
All four adult male suspects were taken into custody without incident and are pending criminal charges from Clayton County.
Reminder: Crime stories contain only charges and information from police reports. Suspects and defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.
- Hazlehurst residents will vote on alcohol sales within city limits
- October is a perfect time to explore Georgia on a bike
- Suspicious package causes evacuation of Gwinnett justice center
- Your Government: Smyrna has plans for South Cobb Drive and downtown improvements
- Backlash continues against $600 bank monitoring proposal