ROSWELL — Several Roswell civic organizations are coming together to give Roswell residents a chance to meet the candidates for mayor and city council.
The Roswell Woman’s Club, Roswell NEXT, and the League of Women Voters of Atlanta-Fulton have organized an event on Thursday, October 7 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Roswell Baptist Church Gymnasium at 710 Mimosa Blvd.
This is an opportunity for attendees to speak one on one with all 10 candidates.
The candidates are as follows:
- Lori Henry (Incumbent)
- Kurt Wilson
- Jason Yowell
- City Councilmember: Post 4
- Peter Vanstrom
- Marie Willsey (Incumbent)
- City Councilmember: Post 5
- Michael Dal Cerro
- Yalonda Freeman
- Will Morthland
- City Councilmember: Post 6
- Lee Hills
- Matt Judy (Incumbent)
The Roswell Woman’s Club has a long history of Candidate Forums in the city. Established in 1948, members have always engaged the North Fulton community in outreach programs to inform Roswell citizens about governmental affairs.
The League of Women Voters of Atlanta-Fulton, established in 1920, is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
RoswellNEXT is a 501(c)(3) organization that encourages open dialogue and local participation amongst young professionals, entrepreneurs and visionaries to influence the social, civic and economic heartbeat of Roswell.
Photo: Darryl Brooks / Shutterstock.com
GET UPDATES ON THIS STORY: Sign up for our free Email newsletter.
- Court rules that lactation consultants can work license-free in Georgia
- University Professors’ Legal Battle Over Gun Laws Ends in Defeat at Georgia Supreme Court
- Augusta in High Alert: Police Hunt ‘Armed and Dangerous’ Shooting Suspect
- Maximize Your 9/11 Victim Compensation Claim With These Tips
- Too Heavy For That Flight? Airline Starts Weighing Passengers Before Boarding