As Georgia begins the slow recovery from last week’s gas shortage, you can expect some delays at local gas stations this week. The hacked pipeline is running again, but last week’s gas hoarding has caused shortages at many gas stations. It may take a few days for the supply to return to normal.
If you were enjoying the weather or time with your family this weekend, the gas shortage was the big news story. Here is more information about it along with other headlines you may have missed over the weekend.
- First, here’s what Georgians were saying about the gas shortage on social media.
- The Colonial Pipeline Hack has also raised questions about the nation’s energy infrastructure.
- A fire broke out on The Golden Ray, a capsized cargo ship that has been in the water off the Georgia coast since 2019.
- Three suspects have been indicted in a deadly prom night shooting at ‘The Stage’ in Adel.
- The Atlanta City Council will be looking at more public safety reforms today, as the city continues to grapple with rising crime.
- A Georgia Congressman created a firestorm last week when he compared the insurrectionists at the Capitol on Jan. 6 to tourists.
- Police in Savannah shot a 71-year-old man last week.
- A health expert called Georgia’s mental health system ‘abysmal.‘
Georgia is set for a beautiful week weather-wise. The chance of rain won’t get above 10% and temperatures will range from 80 to 84 degrees through Friday. The oven will start to heat up Saturday, when temperatures are expected to hit 87 and rise until they get to about 92 degrees next Monday.
Georgia is currently averaging 589 new coronavirus cases per day. This is similar to where we were in May of last year, but this time cases are declining instead of increasing.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Two Georgia teenagers dead from apparent gunshot wounds
Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we could earn a commission if you make a purchase through these links.