Joe Biden will make his way to Georgia this afternoon, where he plans to a drive-in car rally.
Today officially marks Biden’s 100th day in office, and he is returning to a state he turned blue in the November election to talk about the proposals in his American Families plan. Biden laid out many aspects of the plan during his Presidential Address Wednesday evening and now begins a campaign to sell the ideas to the public and to Congress, where he faces an uphill battle getting the plan to pass in the U.S. Senate.
Prior to his speech, Biden and the First Lady will visit Plains, Georgia to talk to former President Jimmy Carter.
The drive-in rally will take place at the Infinite Energy Arena in Gwinnett County at about 6 p.m.
More About The American Families Plan: Highlights of Biden’s American Families Plan include:
- At least four years of free college education
- Direct support for families who need childcare
- Tax cuts for families with children and American workers
- Universal pre-school for three and four year olds
- Paid family leave
- Expansion of school meal programs
- Extending premium reductions in the affordable care act through 2025.
- Extending the child tax credit increases through 2025.
- Increase the top tax rate on wealthy Americans.
- Close tax loopholes
GET UPDATES ON THIS STORY: Sign up for our free Email newsletter.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: Two Georgia teenagers dead from apparent gunshot wounds