DULUTH — The Gwinnett County Police Department has secured an arrest warrant for 43-year-old Joshua Stone, of Atlanta, after police say he called in a fake bomb threat Jan. 20.
Investigators say they believe Stone called 911 and told dispatchers someone was threatening to blow up the Smoothie King at 6575 Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth. Stone allegedly told the dispatcher that he was calling from New York and that he was watching the man with the bomb on video surveillance.
Multiple emergency units were dispatched to the location, including unform officers, EMS, SWAT, the Hazardous Device Unit, K9 and a police helicopter.
The store was closed for more than two hours before investigators learned Stone’s ex-wife was the owner of the business. She told detectives that Stone had been harassing her and had previously been arrested for violation of a protection order against her.
Investigators say they were able to identify Stone from the recorded 911 line and discovered that he actually made the call from the Atlanta area.
Investigators obtained an arrest warrant for Stone for Transmitting a False Public Alarm, however Stone has not been located.
Stone is possibly still in the Atlanta area and investigators are asking for the public’s help in finding him.
If anyone has any information to share in this case, please contact detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters can contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.stopcrimeATL.com. Crime Stoppers tipsters can receive a cash reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in this case. The case number is 21-004930.