A Gwinnett County sheriff’s deputy was shot during a police chase in Gwinnett County Friday.
Shortly after 5:00 p.m., Gwinnett County Police attempted a traffic stop on a stolen vehicle driven by a male suspect.
According to the Gwinnett County Police Department, the man fled in the stolen vehicle hitting several patrol cars and civilian vehicles.
“Following the vehicle pursuit, an exchange of gunfire occurred during which a Gwinnett County Sheriff K9 Deputy was shot and wounded,” police spokesperson Hideshi Valle said.
The deputy was transported to a local hospital and is being treated.
Gwinnett County SWAT was activated and apprehended the suspect near Sweetwater Road.
The man was taken to the hospital for treatment of injuries he sustained.
- Savannah considering curfews in response to increased gun violence
- Casey Motter, the ‘Voice of Truist Park’ has died
- Dogs available for adoption in Atlanta this week
- Parents of child killed in arson fire who were wanted for cruelty to children arrested on Appalachian Trail
- Yearly Reminder: Be careful on Georgia’s roads during the July 4th weekend