MACON — The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office is investigating an Aggravated Assault that took place in the parking lot, near the Southwest High School’s track and field area.
The incident occurred Friday evening and was called into the Macon-Bibb 911 Center at around 7:49 p.m.
According to the sheriff’s office, a 21-year-old man was taken by personal vehicle to the Atrium Health Navicent for a gunshot wound. The Bibb County Sheriff’s Office was notified of the incident when the man arrived at the Emergency Room.
The man is at the hospital receiving treatment and is listed to be in critical , but stable condition.
The sheriff’s office is not releasing the name of the man until family members have been notified of the incident.
The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.
Anyone with information in reference to this incident is urged to contact the Bibb County Sheriff’s Office at 478-751-7500 or Macon Regional Crime Stoppers at 1-877-68CRIME.
- The Cost of Housing Has Skyrocketed in North Fulton
- The Sobering Reality Behind Georgia’s Memorial Day: Deaths, DUIs and Traffic Disasters
- Georgia’s senators vote in favor of debt ceiling deal
- Empowering DeKalb’s Daughters: Free leadership program opens doors for teen girls
- Which counties have the most farmland in Georgia?