Hall County officials are reporting contact recently between a rabid raccoon and two dogs in the 6700 block of Bass Circle in Buford.
The raccoon was shipped to the Georgia Public Health Lab – Virology Section in Decatur. Hall County Animal Control was advised Tuesday that the raccoon tested positive for rabies. This is the fourth confirmed case of rabies in Hall County in 2022.
Positive alert signs will be posted in the area where the rabid raccoon was located. If you see an animal acting abnormally in the area, contact Hall County Animal Services at 770-531-6830 or during non-working hours, call Hall County Dispatch at 770-536-8812.
Animal owners are encouraged to vaccinate their domesticated pets for rabies. Vaccines are available at the Hall County Animal Shelter, located at 1688 Barber Road in Gainesville, for $10, Tuesday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. To schedule an appointment, call (678) 450-1587.
- Georgia woman arrested after bomb threat at Floyd County Sheriff’s Office
- 39-year-old Warner Robins woman killed in traffic collision
- Data Aggregation Tools for Expert Investing
- Gun deaths in Georgia surged 31% as gun sales increased 59%
- Unsealed warrant shows Trump may be under investigation for Espionage Act violations