Cobb County Police are investigating a fatal pedestrian crash that occurred on Sunday, May 1 at about 9:25 p.m.
According to investigators, 37-year-old Kayanne K.L. Dunn, of Hiram, was driving a red 2017 Nissan Sentra eastbound on C.H. James Parkway just west of its intersection with Oglesby Road when police say her car struck the rear of another car in the left lane.
She continued east and came to a stop in the left lane at the intersection with Oglesby Road.
Dunn then got out of the car holding a small child and began walking across C.H. James Parkway towards Oglesby Road when she and the child were struck by a red 2021 Chevrolet Blazer that was westbound on C.H. James in the right lane.
A blue 2016 Ford Taurus that was traveling westbound behind the Blazer also struck Dunn.
Dunn and her one-year-old child were both transported to Cobb Hospital.
Dunn was pronounced dead. The child remains in critical condition at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta with life-threatening injuries.
This crash remains under investigation and anyone with information is asked to call 770-499-3987.
- Mike Pence campaigns with Brian Kemp, Trump makes last push for Perdue
- It’s Official: Stone Mountain Park has a new management company
- Here are the precinct changes for Tuesday’s election in Cobb County
- The City of Canton is looking for a Latinx artist for a public mural
- Independent review finds officers used appropriate force against college students in viral video