SANDY SPRINGS — The City of Sandy Springs will host informational pop-up meetings regarding the 2021 Transportation Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax referendum at the following locations the week of Oct. 25.
Monday, Oct. 25
- Abernathy Greenway Linear Park, 70 Abernathy Road
11 a.m. to noon
- Morgan Falls Overlook Park, 200 Morgan Falls Road
Wednesday, Oct. 27
- Hammond Park Administration Building, 5909 Glenridge Drive. (The administration building is located next to the Glenridge Drive Hammond Park Entrance)
The meetings are in addition to the virtual public information meetings. The community will also have in-person opportunities to learn more about TSPLOST 2021 by visiting the City’s booth at the Sandy Springs Farmers Market on Saturday, Oct. 23 and Saturday, Oct. 30.
Sandy Springs voters this fall will have the opportunity the vote on a five-year TSPLOST extension to fund transportation projects throughout Sandy Springs. The TSPLOST referendum would extend and not increase the existing 0.75% (3/4 of a cent) sales tax approved by voters in November 2016. The sales tax collection period would run April 1, 2022 through March 31, 2027.
If approved, the TSPLOST 2021 renewal will fund:
- Traffic Congestion Relief
- Road Maintenance and Paving
- Signal Timing
- Reduced Traffic Wait Times
For more information, please visit spr.gs/TSPLOST2021
For information about the City of Sandy Springs, please visit www.sandyspringsga.gov, or call the Citizen Response Center at 770-730-5600. Follow breaking news and traffic alerts on Twitter and community news on Facebook.