ALPHARETTA — Saturday, October 23 is National Prescription Drug Take Back Day, an event designed to draw attention to the importance of properly disposing of unused prescription medications so they do not contribute to the drug crisis threatening communities.
Across the Nation communities will coordinate events where the public can bring unwanted prescription medications and know that they will be properly and safely disposed.
In Alpharetta, the following locations will accept your unused prescription drugs.
Fire Station Locations
- Station 81: 2970 Webb Bridge Rd.
- Station 82: 3070 Market Pl.
- Station 83: 9600 Westside Pkwy.
- Station 84: 525 Park Bridge Pkwy.
- Station 85: 1475 Mid Broadwell Rd.
- Station 86: 3275 Kimball Bridge Rd.
You can drop off the following items in the boxes:
- Over the counter medications
- Prescription medication
- Prescription patches
- Pet medicines
You cannot drop off the following items in the boxes:
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Liquids or Lotions
- Alcohol or illicit drugs
Visit: www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov for tips on disposing of items that you cannot drop in the boxes.