Lowndes County and the City of Valdosta Public Works Departments will host a free tire recycling event for City and County residents beginning October 11 through October 22, 2021.
Residents can drop off tires Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 3 p.m. at the City of Valdosta Public Works located at 1017 Myrtle Street. Public Works will also hold a Saturday drop off event on October 16, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Tires must be regular car/truck size and off rim. No tractor or semi-truck tires will be accepted. No businesses are permitted to bring their tires to this event. Residents can drop off up to 200 tires per household.
This event is made possible through a grant offered by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division (GEPD).
For more information contact Valdosta Public Works, 229.259.3585
- Cobb County expected to get economic windfall from World Series
- Gwinnett officials: Threats against School Board will not be tolerated
- Columbia County Board of Education votes to build new Westmont Elementary School
- Clean water project on tap for Walker County
- Gwinnett County Police are investigating threats against schools